Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Actress Tilda Swinton Sleeps In A Glass Box For Art Installation at the Museum of Modern Art


video by paul george


In "The Maybe" performance art at the Museum of Modern Art, Academy Award-winning actress Tilda Swinton lies sleeping in a glass box for the day. The exhibit moves locations within the museum every time Swinton performs. There is no published schedule for the performance, which will occur about a half dozen more times through the end of the year. Swinton first performed the piece at the Serpentine Gallery in London in 1995. In 1996, she performed it in the Museo Barracco in Rome. She won an Oscar in 2008 for best supporting actress for her role in "Michael Clayton."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noel This has been in our news over here Noel - not sure what I think about it really - I have an open mind! JanUK

Noel Y. C. said...

Honestly, I found it creepy, when I saw it, and I know I should have an open mind.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your opinion Noel - I think I would feel quite uncomfortable to be honest - a bit of a voyeur - but at the same time would want to have a look - and would probably end up feeling as you did! Has she done any interviews on why she did it? - I haven't seen any over here. JanUK